As I said in my previous post, a group of chinese hackers has released jailbreaking tool for iOS 8.1.2 called TaiG, the devices running latest version of iOS can be jailbroken using this tool. Apple released iOS 8.1.2 few days back after fixing couple of small bugs and notable fix to restore the purchased ringtone that was mistaken removed. So now you can get back all those ringtones from iTune with no extra cost.
I was expecting that evad3rs will come up with jailbreaking solution first but other group appeared suddenly and they released 1.2.0 version of TaiG jailbreaking tool just after Apple announced latest version of iOS. TaiG is pretty simple to use and anyone with not much technical knowledge can use it to jailbreak its either of following devices. Given below is the complete list of devices that can be jailbroken with Tai G. Also see: how to jailbreak iPhone 6, 6 Plus
iPad Air 2
iPad Air 1
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPad mini 1
iPod touch 5
iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, 5 and 4S.
So in case you own any of above devices running latest version of iOS 8 and want to jailbreak it, you can follow stepwise tutorial below. Before you start off with jailbreaking, make sure you take complete backup of your device in case anything goes wrong.
Before you start with jailbreaking, you need to do the following.
1. You need to upgrade your device to latest iOS version, ie. iOS 8.1.2. In case you already upgraded to new version, you still need to update it via OTA.
2. Take backup of your device either through iTune or iCloud.
3. Turn off Passcode and Touch ID by going to Settings > General> Touch ID and Passcode > Turn off passcode.
4. Turn off “Find my Phone” by going Settings> iCloud> Find my Phone.
5. Arrange for Windows PC, it will not work for MAC.
Below are the simple steps that you need to go through at the time of jailbreaking.
1. Create a folder called “TECHFORHUNT.COM” on the desktop and download TaiG in same folder. Click here to download.
2. Unzip the downloaded file in same folder
3. Connect your device with PC via USB.
4. Start TaiG and hit Green START button at the bottom.
5. Your device is being jailbroken, it can take several minute to complete the process. Do no unplug device until process completes. Upon completion, your device will restart automatically and you will see Cydia icon on the home screen upon restart.
Great ! you have done it Enjoy !